Who would have thought there would be more than one use for shaving cream? Let alone 10!
I have used every one of these tips now, with the exception of breaking in a baseball glove, and I have to say, shaving cream is full of surprises!
Maddie loves “painting” in the bath with shaving cream too, and it leaves the tub and walls sparkling!
10 Uses For Shaving Cream
- Remove Carpet Stains – There is no need to buy expensive carpet cleaner, you can use shaving cream! Just put a dollop on the stained area and use an old toothbrush to scrub it in. Let it sit for a bit, and use a damp towel to wipe up any excess!
*As with any stain remover, be sure to test a small out of sight area before doing a full treatment!
- Stop your Doors From Squeaking – If the hinges on your doors are squeaking, just put a little shaving cream on it and scrub into tiny cracks with an old toothbrush.
- Shine your Jewellery – If your jewellery is getting tarnished, grab a toothbrush and shaving cream and scrub! It will leave your jewelry shiny and your gems sparkling.
- Clean Dirt from Under your (or your kids) Nails – Are your kid’s nails filthy from playing in the dirt? A simple and fast way to clean it is shaving cream and a toothpick. Their nails will be squeaky clean!
- Clean Paint from your Hands – A simple and safe way to remove paint from your skin is shaving cream. No more nasty chemicals!
- Keep Mirrors from Fogging – This is by far my favorite use for shaving cream! Clean your mirrors with shaving cream (make sure you rub it in until it’s all gone), and it will keep them fog free for a couple of weeks. It will also work on your shower doors!
- Kids Crafts – Shaving cream can be used as finger paint for children. Just spray it onto the table and let them have fun. You can add food coloring to get different colors. It’s great for their senses and very fun.
The other plus is when you wipe it off your table, it leaves your table really clean!
I do this in the bath for our little one as well so she can “paint” on the walls, she loves it!
- Break in a Baseball Glove – Rub some shaving cream into the palm. Squeeze the mitt together and let it sit for about four hours. The glove will be all set to catch!
- Clean Dirty Hands – Are you camping or somewhere water isn’t available? Grab your shaving cream and then wipe your hands off with a towel.
- Shine Water Faucets – No need to buy a special cleaner, just use your shaving cream! Rub it in with a sponge and wipe it off with a damp cloth. Your faucets will look like new!
Know of another everyday item you can use many ways? Fill me in below!
This post may contain affiliate links, from which I earn a small commission. You will not be charged any extra by purchasing through our links, but will help in maintaining this blog. Thank you in advance for your support! You can learn more here