Right now, we?re buried in snow! And when I say buried, I mean snow banks towering over my car as I struggle to see where I?m going!
I will be the first to admit that I am not a ?snow person?, at all. As in that four letter word brings up some?other?four letter words from my shining vocabulary!
I truly am living in the wrong country, and people constantly feel the need to remind me of that??But you live in Canada, aren?t you used to it yet???no, no I am not!
Now that we have Maddie however, I?m having to suck it up and brave the cold, because as much as I hate it, she sees the white powder fall from the sky and her face just lights up! You try and say no to that!
So I?ve searched far and wide (as far as my laptop will take me anyway!) to find these ideas to have some fun in the snow, and?make our frozen outdoor time as enjoyable as possible for both of us!
12 Ways To Have Fun In The Snow
- DIY Snow Paint-Just spray away until your yard is a rainbow colored masterpiece!
- Mini Ice Lanterns-Make enough to create a design, or light up a path!
- Nature Themed Ice Ornaments-These actually look really pretty too!
- Colored Ice Ornaments-Because kids are all about the rainbows!
- Create A Snow Sculpture Bird Feeder-This is great because the entertainment will continue watching the birds come while you?re?inside?in the heat?with cocoa!
- Glass Gems-These would be so much fun to hide in the snow and try to find, like treasure!
- Melt The Snowmen-I just love this one because it?s INSIDE! LOL:)
- Build a snow volcano-Great science experiment too!
- Blow Frozen Bubbles-Ok, this just sounds awesome! Another one that can be done inside, so, bonus!
- Tic Tac Toe In The Snow-It would even be fun finding the sticks and pinecones for the X?s and O?s!
- Homemade Monster Footprints-Sure it would be fun for the kids, but imagine doing ityourself and having them find those footprints! I?d love to see the reaction that would get!
- Build a Snowman-Kind of a given, but a nice way to round out the list!
I?m hoping that if my brain is focused on the ?trying something new?, it will be a little less focused on the ?freezing my butt off? part!
What other fun activities do you do with your kids outside? Share below!
This post may contain affiliate links, from which I earn a small commission. You will not be charged any extra by purchasing through our links, but will help in maintaining this blog. Thank you in advance for your support! You can learn more here