Using white vinegar to clean around the house is a great option that?gets the same results, without all the chemicals!
If you?re not a fan of the smell vinegar leaves behind (as most aren?t!), try this Homemade Orange All-Purpose Cleaner Recipe!
Now, on to just some of the ways you can use vinegar to clean around the house?
15 Ways To Clean With Vinegar
- Shine Chrome?Combine 2 tbsp salt with 1 tsp vinegar.
- Make a scouring cleanser?Combine 1/4 cup baking soda, 1 tbsp liquid detergent, add vinegar until thick and creamy consistency is reached.
- Clean Counters?Use cloth soaked in vinegar only.
- Clean and deodorize drains-Pour 1 cup baking soda and 1 cup hot vinegar in drain, leave 5 minutes and rinse with hot water.
- Clean microwave?Combine 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup vinegar in microwave safe bowl, bring to boil in microwave, and wipe clean.
- Clean Refrigerator?Combine 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup vinegar.
- Clean grease off oven door?Saturate in vinegar and leave for 15 minutes, wipe with sponge.
- Clean cloudy glassware?wrap glass in paper towel soaked in vinegar for a few minutes, then rinse.
- Clean lime deposits in kettle?Combine 1/2 cup vinegar and 1/2 cup water and let sit overnight.
- Clean a scummy shower head?Combine 1/2 cup baking soda and 1 cup vinegar in sandwich bag. Wrap around shower head until it stops bubbling, rinse.
- Deodorize toilet bowl?Pour in 3 cups vinegar, let sit 30 minutes before flushing.
- Remove wallpaper?Saturate with equal parts hot water and vinegar.
- Remove white water rings from wood?Mix equal parts vinegar and vegetable oil, wipe with the grain.
- Clean hardened paint brushes?simmer in hot vinegar.
- Clean and disinfect children?s toys?add vinegar to soapy water.
Do you know of another way to use vinegar to clean your home? Comment below!
This post may contain affiliate links, from which I earn a small commission. You will not be charged any extra by purchasing through our links, but will help in maintaining this blog. Thank you in advance for your support! You can learn more here