So as I’m writing this, our yard just seems to keep getting buried in snow. Everytime I think it’s done it just..keeps…coming!
If you’ve followed Rock It Like A Mom for any amount of time, you’ll know I am not a fan of snow or being anywhere near it! So keeping Maddie occupied when that’s all that’s around us can be tricky!
While we do make little trips to her gymnastics, or to the library, I try and avoid having to go out in the white stuff at all costs (seriously, I hate it that much!), so we’re always on the hunt for great indoor activities/crafts we can make without a big price tag!
These crafts can all be done with items you can grab from the dollar store, or even things you have lying around the house!
Not only are they fantastic for crummy weather days, but they can make for fantastic (and frugal!) crafts and activities for birthday parties or other gatherings with little ones!
45 Dollar Store Crafts For Kids
- Indoor Hopscotch – Rain or snow? Make this fun activity inside!
- Bubble Bath Spray – Spray away until you have a colourful masterpiece!
- Pipecleaner Dinosaur – The possibilities are endless with this fun idea!
- Paper-Mache Crafts – Let your kids’ imagination run wild with this one!
- Stained Glass Leaves – Easy to make and can change with the seasons.
- Paper Puppet –Long hours of great entertainment for kids, even after the creating!
- Cotton Swab Snowflakes – Endless possible designs for this one!
- Marshmallow Shooter – Hours of fun both indoors and out, just remember to DUCK!
- Special Space – Create a private hideout for kids without building a treehouse!
- Magnetic Flower Butterflies – An inexpensive way to brighten up anyone’s day!
- Homemade Slime –Gooey entertainment for hours!
- Lava Lamps – Tons of fun for the kids, and can be made in any colour!
- Door Hanger Chore Chart –Make cleaning fun and keep track of their chores.
- Masquerade Masks – Fun to make, great themed slumber party!
- Pencil Holders –Easy to make and keep them all in one place.
- Homemade Play-Doh – Use anytime of year, you can never miss with playdoh!
- Watercolor Coffee Filter Flowers – Great Mothers day gift or just for fun!
- Paper Plate Creatures – Let your imagination run wild and create a wide variety of different creatures and crafts, lots of ideas here!
- Sponge Tower – All ages can have fun with this game!
- Rubber Mat Wall Piece – Keeps the kids busy and gives Mom a nice piece of wall art!
- Gel Boards – Mess-free and perfect for practicing pre-writing skills
- Homemade Geoboard – Requires only 3 materials that are probably lying around your house
- Paper Plate Shark Jaws – Dun-nuh, Dun-nuh…..WATCH OUT! (Sometimes I suffer from bad “Dad humor”)
- Zip Tie Link Bracelets – Cheap and easy to make!
- Beaded Lollipop Butterfly – Great for present toppers or just for fun!
- CD Olaf Craft from Frozen – Great way to recycle old things lying around the house.
- Dry Erase Message Board – Cute idea for any room in the house.
- ClothesPin Zoo Magnets – Create your own Zoo animals!
- Poured Paint Planter – Let the kids imagination run wild to create a one of a kind piece for your garden!
- Funny Face Bookmarks – Great for back to school or anytime of year to help keep your place in a book.
- Raised Salt Painting – Make your own art with only 3 materials.
- Glow-in-the-Dark Slime – Hours of fun for the whole family to enjoy!
- Rainbow Bubble Snakes – Great Outdoor active the kids are sure to enjoy for hours!
- Salt Art –2 simple materials to make something last forever!
- Jellyfish Bowls – Paint and transform them into jellyfish.
- Can Bird Seeder –Hang from a tree branch and watch the birds come to eat!
- Rain Stick – Make it Rain!
- Melted Crayon Art – Great way to use old broken crayons just laying around the house
- Milk Carton Boat – On Your Mark, Get Set, Go!
- Flower Necklace – Create your own jewellery
- Kaleidoscopes – A craft they can make all their own, inside and out!
- Egg Carton Caterpillars – An easy, eco-friendly indoor craft!
- Toilet Paper Roll Butterflies – A great way to reduce, reuse and recycle!
- Yarn Block Prints – Kids can make their own wall art with this easy craft!
- Handmade Rocket Garland – Great for Fireworks, backyard barbeques or parades!
What are some go to “Rainy Day” activities in your house? Share below!
This post may contain affiliate links, from which I earn a small commission. You will not be charged any extra by purchasing through our links, but will help in maintaining this blog. Thank you in advance for your support! You can learn more here