There are a million and one things on the list of ?stuff I?ve made in the kitchen?, but this one somehow slipped by and I?m not sure why it never even occurred to me?make your own cooking spray!
It?s so simple (only 2 ingredients) and much cheaper than buying the versions available in store that contain lots of things I can’t pronounce!
A few tips when you make your own cooking spray?
- Be sure to store your spray in the fridge, or at least a cold dark place, to prevent bacteria growth.
- Make it in smaller batches! I usually make about 1-1 1/2 cups each time and it lasts a couple of weeks. I wouldn?t try and keep it any longer than that because, again, you open the door to potential growths you don?t want!
- Do not spray on a hot pan! The water will splatter if you do this! Spray on a cool pan and then heat, the water will evaporate as it heats leaving only the oil for you to work with!
- This may seem weird, but?spray it on popcorn! I?m not kidding!
Give your bowl of popcorn a couple spritzes and sprinkle with a little..
- Garlic powder, salt, and pepper!
- Sugar and cinnamon!
- Parmesan cheese!
- Use your imagination!
?What other condiments do you make?yourself instead of using store bought? Comment below!
This post may contain affiliate links, from which I earn a small commission. You will not be charged any extra by purchasing through our links, but will help in maintaining this blog. Thank you in advance for your support! You can learn more here