I finally got my chance…I’m ROCKING?Freezer Cooking Day!
I had my Mom up to watch Maddie?for the day while I made besties with my oven and cooked my little heart out!
There were a couple of unexpected twists, but when all was said and done I was able to put 83 meals in our freezer to get us through the next 2 months?(based on 2.5 people eating)!
Freezer Cooking Day Details
What was on the menu?
- 10 lasagnas
- 20 hamburger patties
- 15 salmon cakes (Recipe)
- 5 chicken pot pies (Recipe)
- 30 breakfast burritos (Recipe)
- 10 pizza crusts (Recipe)
- 5 meatloaf (Recipe)
- 20 servings of chicken and rice soup (Recipe)
Some of the things I learned to take into account for next time?
- Cooking time!?I had originally planned to bake 20 pizza crusts, but could only do 10 before having to move on because the time it was taking to cook them was getting in the way!
Another way to avoid this would have been to have a few more baking pans on hand so I could squeeze more into each round in the oven!
- Select?recipes with vegetables carefully!?I will be much more careful with my selection of recipes instead of just basing them only on taste, and will focus more on the actual creation!
Having to skin and chop vegetables for chicken pot pies, chicken and rice soup, and breakfast burritos left a huge bruise on my hand from the pressure of the knife:(
Some of the things I was grateful I did?
- Plan ahead!?I had a specific schedule made up of the order I was planning on cooking in that made the most sense based on whether it was cooked in the oven, or on the stove, or at all!
- Clean as you go!?I cannot stress this enough, cleaning as you go helps keep your head clear and focused on what you are doing, as well as preventing a lack of counter space!
Will I do this again?
Do you ever cook in bulk and freeze for later? Do you find it saves you time/money? Comment below!
This post may contain affiliate links, from which I earn a small commission. You will not be charged any extra by purchasing through our links, but will help in maintaining this blog. Thank you in advance for your support! You can learn more here